Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Survived Check-In Day!

I stand before you now an official Chatham Square resident!  How amazing is that?!

Yesterday was long, but it was so rewarding finally getting started on this program.  The day began early, checking out of the hotel and meeting two of my roommates-to-be at Vista Way at 7:00AM.  Check-In started early for us, maybe around 7:50 or 8:00AM (don't take my word on that, I could totally be making that up).  We were guided exactly where we needed to be at every moment.  It was such a well-oiled machine.  

At Vista, we received our Program Guides (an information book/rule book/planner/everything-you'll-ever-need-to-know-for-the-next-seven-months book), signed some papers, set up our housing, took pictures and immediately received our housing IDs, and had the option of getting our decal then or later at the complex. Immediately after this, we were directed to go on a bus that would take us to Casting.  I thought that there were a lot of stations at Vista, but that was only the beginning!  It was my first time in the Casting building, but it was a maze of different things we needed to do, mostly involving the forms that we'd filled out prior to arrival, but more importantly, there we found out our work locations!  So here it is, drumroll, please!

Kilimanjaro Safaris!  To quote a non-Disney Gilbert Gottfried cartoon character, "Somebody up there loves me!"  At the end of Casting I received a bit of a training schedule, and I start training on Saturday morning!  I'm an unbelievably excited.  I couldn't have been assigned a better role!

After Casting we were free to move in to our apartments, so that's exactly what we did.  It took me a full 24 hours to actually unpack, and I'm still a little disorganized, but the apartment is lovely. :)

I have today free, and then tomorrow I'll have Traditions.  I'm nervous about dressing appropriately, so I might risk dehydration and wear my suit.  We'll see how that goes! 

That's enough for today! I'm so excited for the rest of the week, and I'll do my best to keep updating regularly!  TTFN, ta-ta for now! 

"Fantasy and reality often overlap." - Walt Disney 

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much about what to wear tomorrow! :) Yes, it's much better to err on the side of caution and rock a suit, but no need to worry! They've turned people away, sure, but they were in jeans and flip-flops and such. (Although they might be stricter now; who knows!)

    I'm so glad you got the best role ever!! I can't wait to hear all about how training goes and how much animal information you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Safari is one of my favorite rides! Thats so exciting! You'll love Traditions, its long, but you get to watch some truly magical videos!

    ReplyDelete