Monday, June 20, 2011

Working on Earning my Ears!

Hey everybody!

If anyone is out there actually reading my blog, I appreciate it!  I've been super busy for these past two weeks.  I had Traditions, DAKlimation (an orientation to Disney's Animal Kingdom), and then plain ol' work!  I'm still working on earning my ears.  My assessment is tomorrow!   We'll see how that goes!

I think that I've gone through a wave of emotions since being here!  There's of course the excitement of "being on vacation" at the happiest place on earth, and that is wonderful.  But then, you get tired.  And overwhelmed.  And homesick.  I was never homesick when I was at college because I spoke to my family and distant friends so frequently and knew that they were always only a few hours away.  But I definitely feel a little homesick here.

That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the program! I do! I just think it's important to note that it might take me (and you, if you are considering doing it) a little while to adjust.  Some days are going to be really hard (for me, yesterday!) and other days are going to be really great (for me, today!), but ultimately, we just have to try to keep a positive attitude and plow on through the good and the bad.  We can do it!

(Just as a personal note: a lot of prayer can help!)

I'll give you guys an update sometime after I *hopefully* earn my ears!  Until then!

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic to know that life is a complex matter." - Walt Disney

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for another update!! I'm proud of you for overcoming your tough day yesterday and having such a great day today!! I can't wait to read the next chapter in your story! :)

    "Tuesday night's plastic corrosion awareness meeting, was I think, a big success. We'd like to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you Mr. Spell." - Woody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home misses you as well! I'm going through similar things here, some days are good and some not so much. Life changes are at best,challenging. (Even if you are in the 'happiest place on earth'!) But I know that God has some wonderful things in store for you and I am eager to watch them unfold..... And congratulations on earning your ears! :) I love you more than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete